14 January 2009

Physics Can Be Fun!

I said in my review that the iPod Touch 3rd party apps were very good, and that in particular there were some first-rate games appearing. I have only been sampling the free and 99cent variety, but I've come across a few even in that modest segment that are really well done.

I've read that one of the hot indy games on the PC right now is a game called Crayon Physics Deluxe, which was also just released to the App Store for the iPhone/Touch. I have not coughed up the five clams for that (yet), but I have been playing its cheaper cousin, Touch Physics. For a buck, it is a mini-marvel. Descriptions are dull, but in a nutshell: the game has you draw shapes on screen, which then follow the laws of physics. So, round things roll, square things stack, etc. You need to use these shapes to move an object from one side of the screen to the other. Sounds dull, but it's really loads of fun. But don't take my word for it. Live large. Blow a buck on it and see for yourself.

No comments: